Follow the Gifts of Words Blog Hop taking place November 4-18, 2020, and find quality Canadian Christian book for those on your Christmas list! Then on November 18th, join the Good Words Virtual Book Fair on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/events/3376193032494045
After hearing about the extent of bullying happening in schools, homes, and communities, I felt it was time to expose how this act of cruelty is not just momentary, but lingers around for a life time. The only way I could do so was to turn this detestable behavior into a story, and show the results of these thoughtless actions in one person’s life twenty five-years later.
Although BEHIND HER NAME is based on facts and experiences in several people’s lives, it is a work of fiction. All names are a product of the author’s imagination. Events that happened to more than one individual have been combined so only my protagonist experiences them. Rolling Mountain can be any small town in Alberta, Canada. The flashbacks took place in the 1960s so the expressions and thought patterns are unique to that era. If the storyline and electronic devices sound a little archaic, it is because this story was written in the early 2000’s, but for reasons I won’t go into, I refrained from publishing BEHIND HER NAME until now. That being said, let Sage tell her story…..
Pain from a beating ebbs in days, but emotional abuse lingers a lifetime.
In a few short years, Sage Bush becomes a best-selling author, had traveled the world, and built the home she’d dreamed of owning all her life. But in one moment at a book signing event, three teenagers unknowingly sent her world on a one-way collision course. Physical and emotional wounds from an abusive parent and the bullying she’d suffered in school she’d safely hidden in a vault somewhere in her subconscious broke loose, threatening her life as she knew it. Then, one of her worst teenage tormentors helped her find healing.
Please check out books by my fellow Canadian Christian authors!
- Wednesday, November 4—Ruth L. Snyder https://ruthlsnyder.com/2020/11/04/gifts-of-good-words-blog-hop/
- Thursday, November 5—Eunice Matchett https://albertastoryteller.com/
- Friday, November 6—Grace Wulff https://gracewulff.com/
- Saturday, November 7—Tandy Balson https://www.timewithtandy.com/
- Sunday, November 8—LD Stauth https://www.ldstauth-author.com/
- Monday, November 9—Sally Meadows https://sallymeadows.com/
- Tuesday, November 10—Janet Sketchley https://janetsketchley.ca/
- Thursday, November 12—Marcia Laycock https://marcialeelaycock.com/
- Friday, November 13—Ruth Meyer (on Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/events/3376193032494045
- Saturday, November 14—Laurie Haughton http://lensofmotherhood.blogspot.com/
- Sunday, November 15—Carolyn Wilker https://www.carolynwilker.ca/
- Monday, November 16—Janice Cox https://www.janiscox.com/
- Tuesday, November 17—Lynn Collier https://lynnecollier.com
- Wednesday, November 18—Barrie Doyle https://barriedoyle.com/
3 thoughts on “GIFTS OF GOOD WORDS BLOG HOP”
Thanks for tackling this subject. I look forward to reading your book 🙂
Congrats on the new book, Eunice!